Friday, August 5, 2011

Household pet

Latest pet by Dopeyrizer
Latest pet, a photo by Dopeyrizer on Flickr.

Let me make this very clear: I'm really not into dogs, cats, rats or other kinds of furry domestic pets. I might be okay with an aquarium, but wonder if I'm really cut for such commitment, either.

Here in India these fellows provide us live entertainment every night chasing insects. Some dare to come in, some stay outside the window and benefit from the light shining through and attracting prey. They're cute, require no attention and we even share a common enemy in the form of mozzies.

So I'm quite happy to let them roam around in the house too. There's just something about their twisted pose with wide spread toes that just feels non-treatening and and fun - even for a non-animal lover like myself.

No comments: