Thursday, April 15, 2010

Broad broad band

After 2 weeks of waiting, having ordered broadband access from 3 different operators one finally came through. To my great surprise, this thing is really speedy. All my previous "broad"band experiences here in India have been a trip on memory lane with download speeds up to 100 kbit/s or so. Not so with this one - I am paying for 2Mbit/s symmetrical connection and based on the test results, I'm really getting what I am paying for. Fantastic!

The next obvious question is the Internet links out of India - well, while some speed is lost it's another happy surprise. I tried a speedtest site in Finland a few times and the results were between 500 and 1200 kbit/s. The previous connections I've had in serviced apartments, hotels and even at work struggled with SD video from YouTube - this plays HD without any need to buffer beforehand.

No comments: