Friday, August 20, 2010

Our house, in the middle of our street


IMG_0606.jpg
Originally uploaded by tormave.
Got a Samyang (although my lens says Rokinon) 8mm F/3.5 fisheye lens delivered yesterday. I got it from USA through Indian eBay, which offers a sort of overlay on US eBay to order stuff to India. The prices shown are in rupees with taxes, customs, shipping and everything and payment can be made straight from on-line banking. It seems to work amazingly well considering how many things here really don't.

Got home before dark and took my first photo with the lens. The result is quite heavily photoshopped as there was just no way to get the lighting correct with such a big viewing angle (almost 180 degrees horizontally). While I was getting the sky show some colour I decided to go really overboard with the rest of the picture too. It looks like a HDR image, but it's really all from one exposure. I did try exposure bracketing and HDR software, but the surface texture of the house and the palm trees swaying in the wind made this a ghosty, noisy mess.

The picture somehow reminds me of Charlie and the Chocolate factory, in a good-ish way.

No comments: